Growth in electric vehicles is relentlessly driving interest in lithium. Canaccord Genuity has visited China and met with various members of the supply chain, including lithium converter plants, cobalt salts producers and cathode/anode producers.
- An “electric vehicle revolution is happening,” CEO says
- European sales of alternative-fuel cars jumped 36% in 1Q
Glencore Plc Chief Executive Officer Ivan Glasenberg said the rise of electric cars will significantly boost demand for minerals including copper and lithium in the coming decades.
Find the full article on BloombergMarkets website click here
In a major development for Austrian based emerging lithium producer, European Lithium Limited (ASX: EUR) has entered into an agreement with Shandong RuiFu Lithium Co., Ltd (Shandong) for the offtake of spodumene concentrates from its Wolfsberg project (Offtake Agreement) pursuant to a binding terms sheet (Terms Sheet).
Published on: | by Trevor Hoey
Find the full article on finfeed website link click here
Find the full article on Bloomberg website link click here
After five years at Elon Musk’s side, serving as the CPO of Tesla, Peter Carlsson is back in Sweden to start his own gigafactory, with a venture called SGF Energy. The goal is to produce the next generation lithium ion batteries, at half the current price.
It’s about bringing the electric car to the people and breaking Europe’s carbon dependency.
Find the full article on Business Insider Nordic website link click here
Follow the below link to review the article by Reuters:
The full article is available online at: Reuters Business
- The company decided Hungary as the third foothold, establishing a global triangular production structure along with plants in Ulsan, Korea and Xian, China
- Aiming to start commercial operation in 2nd half of 2018, the company will invest around 400 billion won to build production lines with annual capacity of batteries for 50,000 pure electric vehicles
- It is expected to reduce construction period and costs by utilizing existing plant infrastructure for PDPs…its location is ideal for prompt response to demand from European automotive manufacturers, and enhancing logistic competitiveness and accessibility
- Executive Vice President Jeong SehWoong said, “In the forthcoming electric vehicle era, we will enhance our capability to respond to customers in Europe.”