On a global basis, China is the largest consumer of lithium with approximately 35% consumption in 2012. Europe is the second largest with 24%, followed by Japan and South Korea.
European lithium market facts
- Apart from small Iberian production for local ceramics/glass use, the EU has no internal lithium supply
- EU is a major importer of lithium consuming 24% of global market (second only to China)
- Lithium processing sites from imported material in several EU countries
Why European Lithium?
- wholly owned, hard rock project with mining licence awarded
- Substantial work performed by previous owners
- Opportunity to fast track development to meet EU and global demand
- Close to largest lithium import markets in EU – Germany, Belgium, France, Italy and Spain
2. Avalonia Lithium (Intl. Lithium & Jiangxi Ganfeng)
|4. European Lithium
5. Rio Tinto – Jadar
6. European Metals – Cinovec Tin